By Suzanne Williams, Jacobson Staffing, Inc.
The usual reasons include …
– They happen to call you with a dream job at the company you’ve always wanted to work for and maybe your Boss just did something stupid…again
– They have some Contract openings that will hire quickly and you must be represented by a Recruiting/Placement Agency to get submitted
– They will take care of presenting your resume to multiple openings and let you know when there’s an interview request
Even if you have never had problems getting a job offer, you have a great personality and fantastic in-demand IT skills, here are some other reasons using a Recruiter is a good decision….
1) Think about why professionals in other fields, like sports, use an agency to represent them. Similar to sports, your focus is to be the best technical professional you can be, not hone your skills at identifying great career opportunities and going through the hiring process over and over again. That would likely have the opposite effect on your technical skills
2) Did you know?…Not all organizations post their open IT jobs because they don’t have IT Recruiters who are dedicated to finding top IT Talent. When you are considering a new job, wouldn’t you like to gain access to some of those sought after jobs that aren’t always posted?
3) Experienced Recruiters have been through almost every known situation with hiring and onboarding and are familiar with their Hiring Companies’ pre-employment processing so they can answer your questions and you can ask questions which might be embarrassing questions to ask your future employer
4) You can avoid the uncomfortable situation of handling salary negotiations
5) Respected and sought after employers are often inundated with resumes…necessitating dependence on and assistance from recruiting and placement agencies who can screen candidates and send a much more manageable pool of pre-screened and pre-qualified Candidates. Jacobson Staffing checks one professional reference prior to submittal and our clients know our quality process saves them time and resources
6) When you apply to a job posting on the Internet, do you know where your resume or information is being shared? Jacobson Staffing will not share your profile anywhere without your consent. The St. Louis IT community is very small. If you are trying to keep your current employer from finding out about your search, working with an ethical Recruiter is the safest way to conduct a confidential search so that your employer finds out only when you’re ready for your employer to find out
7) Your prior colleague has found an outstanding new job in a great company, and has been calling you to tell you how happy they are and encourage you to apply there as well. Should you have them recommend you to their new Manager without seeing what else is available in the St. Louis market and hope for the best with just the company where your prior colleague works? You two may really have enjoyed working together in the past; but, you have nothing to lose by having a Recruiter look into multiple great companies so that you know you are making a good decision